Sunday, November 16, 2008

Today I am in Greymouth!

Yesterday was kind of a crazy day. I drove from Nelson to Greymouth and had no idea it would take me as long as it did. I ended up driving through some really beautiful country at night (thinking about driving back up the coast about 30min this morning to see it). I stayed at another Hostel last night "Duke's Backpackers" The place was pretty empty and I ended up getting my own room which was really nice. The building feels like a really really old hotel and when I got in last night it felt kind of creepy... well everything felt kind of creepy because it was pouring rain and it was real windy. This morning I woke up to find that what I thought was a real urban area and real industrial actually looks like a small beach village. The hostel is actually really cool and is kind of artsy. I can't remember his name at the moment but the guy running the place is really really nice as well. I have no idea what today is going to look like... I am heading down to Haast for the night but other then that no real plans... well right now maybe finding some breakfast.

I have more photos and maybe I will put them up sometime later today!

1 comment:

Brent & Crisha Schuler said...

Holy Canoli Allan!!! I knew you were going to go soon ,but WOW!! I am so jealous!!! Right now Brent and I are talking about how excited we are to see the pictures from your travel. We'll pretend we're their with you.:) I am so glad to see you're living your dream; leave nothing unfulfilled!-Brent & Crish